The aims of Dormansland Diamonds are to;
- Create and manage a private food bank and provide regular food and basic supplies for families in the Dormansland Parish who reach out for food to alleviate the economic impact of the Covid 19 pandemic
- Facilitate small emergency repairs to those who need help and have been impacted by the economic impact of the Covid 19 pandemic
- Work with agencies in the area who have similar aims to the Dormansland Diamonds
- Have the facilities to mobilise volunteer groups including sewing groups to make PPE.
- Continue supporting the community in these ways in the second wave of Covid and lockdowns.
‘It’s not what we have, it’s who we have’